Saturday, December 13, 2008

2009 Lincoln MKS

2009 Lincoln MKS

When I was a tween, my beforehand brother had a late-1960s Ford LTD. It was gold, HUGE in a array of abstract way, and it had an old-school agreeableness and soulfulness about it that was unforgettable. I hadn't been in addition car with that array of vibe until I stepped into the 2009 Lincoln MKS.

Let me be clear: The MKS is far posher than my brother's car, but the MKS' vibe is the aloft for me. While active the 2009 MKS, I forewent my accepted NPR base and kept the Sirius Satellite Radio acquainted to Hip Hop Nation and The Heat channels so I could appropriately canal to the sounds of Kanye, Mary J. and Lil' Wayne. If you're apprehensive why I didn't go with the Soul Town approach with its 1960s and '70s hits, it's because the 2009 MKS - while soulful with an old-school agreeableness - is a absolutely avant-garde section of accouterment that deserves a avant-garde soundtrack.

The 2009 Lincoln MKS is comfy, safe and ample (in fact, it's HUGE, just like my bro's LTD), and it offers a bland ride. It has affluence of affluence amenities, and I enjoyed my time with it. But there are a few things preventing the MKS from getting the quintessential mom-mobile: The gas breadth isn't abundant (I averaged about 19 mpg); something as simple as alteration the clock's time isn't absolutely so simple; the doors are appealing heavy; and there's no auto-close button for the ample trunk. With all of that said, however, I had to face the actuality that this isn't a car that was advised with moms in mind. The MKS is geared against a hardly older, added affable demographic; so I choleric my mom-centric attitude and ultimately enjoyed my ride in what could eventually become an affable legend.

As far as looks are concerned, the MKS is handsome. The analysis car I collection had a sparkly brownish acrylic job in Tuxedo Black that glistened in the sunlight. It reminded me of a formally dressed man who's acquisitive to appearance off his adventurous looks. With its 19-inch casting aluminum auto and appalling facade, this car has a attendance that's due in allotment to its styling, but aswell in allotment to its arduous size. Accept I mentioned that the MKS is B-I-G? As a parent, you may be adage to yourself, "Big is good," but that's alone somewhat true.

The MKS' doors are heavy, but the trunklid is the heaviest, and it didn't accept an auto-shut button. Imagine, if you will, aggravating to backpack two accouchement (one of whom is in an infant-safety seat), grab some advantage from the block and, oh yeah, shut the car's foreground and aback doors and the trunklid. It's impossible. It takes both of your calmly and a lot of of your backbone just to shut the trunk. On the upside, the block is humongous, which fabricated me absolve it a bit for accepting such a abundant door. It swallowed my advantage with allowance to additional and could fit added babyish accessory than I even own.

A car with an exoteric breadth of 204.1 inches bigger accept a big block though, right? The MKS is a acceptable 2 anxiety best than the auto I commonly drive, and appropriately I acquainted like I was active a limo (which I've never done but can imagine). It about fit in my garage; I couldn't get things in and out of the block unless the barn aperture was open. I'm anyone who brand to abutting the barn appropriate afterwards I cull in - mostly for assurance affidavit - and the MKS fabricated that impossible.

There are a brace of exoteric features, however, that becoming my adulation. I admired the capless ammunition tank. This is something Ford/Lincoln/Mercury is putting on new models, and it takes bisected a additional to get acclimated to. There are no added absent or abandoned caps, and it's one beneath footfall for you at the pump. The acrimonious adeptness ancillary mirrors with anamnesis are aswell great; I've had issues in the accomplished with my mirrors getting algid over in the winter, and this would abate that completely.

SENSE AND STYLE Family Friendly (Not Really, Fair, Great, Excellent): Fair Fun-Factor (None, Some, Acceptable Times, Groove-On): Acceptable Times

Daylight-saving time occurred while I was testing the MKS. There's a avant-garde abnormality alleged affection creep, by which the admeasurement of abstruse appearance can overcomplicate things to the point at which the simplest designs and functions are lost. That's a circumlocutory way to acquaint you that I couldn't amount out how to set the time on the alarm on the actual avant-garde MKS. I aboriginal attempted it after apropos to the owner's chiral (in a absolute world, something as simple as ambience the alarm shouldn't crave literature); if I apparent that I couldn't amount it out on my own, I cozied up with the car's manual, which instructed me to columnist the "CLOCK" button, etc. But there wasn't a CLOCK button anywhere in the car. I anticipation about calling a manufacturer's rep or even bustling into a dealer, but I didn't on assumption because it's a alarm for advantage sake, and I don't accept time to go block down alarm info. Alas, I spent the anniversary accepting to decrease one hour from the alarm in adjustment to actuate the actual time. I was told there'd be no algebraic on this analysis (drive), so that stunk.

Have I mentioned that this is a big car? It's declared to bench 5 people, and assumption what? It in fact can fit 5 adults comfortably. I could even sit calmly in the aback amid my kids' car seats, which were simple to install with the accurately apparent Latch connectors, by the way. Furthermore, the 12-way adeptness adjustable seats were some of the a lot of adequate I've anytime had the amusement of using. They acclaim hugged me with cottony bland leather, and the accepted heating and cooling affection on the foreground seats was delectable. The backseat aswell comes accepted with acrimonious seats as well.

The cuff box is the best out of all of the MKS' autogenous accumulator options, and it can authority abundant added diapers and wipes to get you through the week. The added autogenous accumulator compartments aren't annihilation amazing (four cupholders and aperture pockets that are of boilerplate admeasurement and usability), except for one little ellipsoidal accommodation abreast the gearshift that's a absolute fit for your corpuscle buzz and/or MP3 amateur and even a lip gloss.

My analysis car came with the Ultimate Package. At $5,715, it adds aggregate you could achievement for in a affluence car (except for the adeptness to change the clock...do I complete absinthian yet?) and pushes the MKS into aloft urbane-legend category. This amalgamation includes voice-activated navigation, which turns the accepted Sync arrangement into a basic chantry of advice that can accord you not alone admonition to the abutting cine amphitheater or gas base but aswell cine times and gas prices. The Ultimate Amalgamation aswell has keyless access and ignition; a advanced sensor to acquaint of obstacles in foreground of you (which angry out to be actual advantageous if I pulled into my barn aback I had to "kiss" some accumulator cabinets to fit the car in, and after the sensor, I'd accept smushed the cabinets); and, the accomplishment de adroitness for my son, the dual-panel moonroof. He'd just arctic out in his car bench and acquaint me about all of the things he was seeing aloft him as we collection along. Acceptable times.

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT Accumulator Compartments (Puny, Fair, Ample, Galore): Fair/Ample Cargo/Trunk Space (Puny, Fair, Ample, Galore): Galore

The association at Lincoln didn't skimp on assurance with the MKS. It comes accepted with foreground side-impact airbags as able-bodied as ancillary blind airbags for both the foreground and aback rows. The ancillary blind airbags even accept a sensor that can acquaint them to break aggrandized best should a rollover blow occur. Antilock brakes and adherence and absorption ascendancy are aswell standard.

The car that I collection was all-wheel drive, something a Colorado babe like me can absolutely appreciate, although you can get the MKS with front-wheel drive alone (for about $2,000 less). The headlights are aswell account mentioning: The adaptive headlights with auto top beam, which were included in the Ultimate Package, hinge as you about-face the council caster so you can see the aphotic corners and curves in the road. I'm not a huge fan of night driving, but honestly, this fabricated it about fun.

The advancement camera, allotment of the Ultimate Package, is fabulous; the screen's angel is bright clear and guidelines arise to let you apperceive area you're going, and there's an finer annoying beeping sound, which is standard. The foreground obstacle apprehension sensor, as mentioned beforehand in the review, aswell comes in handy, abnormally in a car this size!

FAMILY LIFESTAGE In Diapers: Not my aboriginal car choice, but it's do-able. In School: Sure, it would attending acceptable in the carpool lane. Teens: Yes, if your kids wish to drive about a big, safe car that's added complete than they are.

Source: cars

No comments:

Related Articles