Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Nissan Altima Problems and Complaints


Nissan should re-evaluate the way they deal with customer complaints regarding the Nissan Altima. Regardless of a warranty, there are certain things a product should not do. Cars are personal and building a car that rusts even for an owner that baby's his car is unacceptable. My Nissan Altima only 14,000 miles in 3 years.

I called the dealer who told me that since it is 2 months past my 3 year warranty, and even though the rust obviously occurred during the warranty period, the only thing they could do would apply for a goodwill repair, but I would have to take the car to the dealer to be inspected. I took time off from work, drove to my dealer, and without even inspecting the car (which tells me that this is a common problem), the paperwork was completed. The next day I got a call telling me that it was turned down, but I can appeal via the Nissan 800#.

Nissan Customer support informed me that the wheels have protective covers (formerly known as hubcaps) and that they should not rust. Since I park at a train station filled with 2004 Nissan Altima's (for some reason Altima is the third best selling car on Long Island), I noticed that the "protective covers" do not protect the wheels on anyones car. I calmly explained that each "cover" is not solid, but has triangular cut outs where the rust forms.

They told me that a regional manager will call. No one called.

The car business is competitive and up to now I was so thrilled with Nissan that I was going to buy a Nissan Murano in December and a Nissan Sentra for my son.

The marketing lesson. According to the book "Ultimate Question", every customer in the bottom 2 boxes on a 10 point user satisfaction scale will result in 7 lost sales. All I can say about Nissan and the complaints I've made against the Nissan Altima is that I hope they sell 7 less 2007 Nissan Altima's this year.
Source: roguemarketer

No comments:

Related Articles